Lutheranism on the Eastern Shore of Mobile Bay dates to 1884 and Bay Boat crossings of the bay by Pastors from Mobile.
Occasional worship services were held for the scattered Lutherans dwelling in the area.
place of gathering for many years. Pastor W. H. Hafner of Mobile began
serving the group on a monthly basis in the Episcopal Chapel in Point Clear.
In 1932 Point Clear Lutherans organized a separate mission.
On February 18,1945, the first Lutheran service was held in Fairhope at St. James Episcopal Church.
In June of 1948, final negotiations were completed for the purchase of the Methodist Chapel and parsonage. On September 4, 1949, the Rev. Lyle Mueller, candidate for the Holy Ministry,
was ordained and installed as the first resident pastor of Redeemer Lutheran Church.
Pastor Mueller served until May 31, 1954 and in November of that same year the
Rev. Edward A. Schack was installed as pastor of the growing congregation,
and he served until January 25, 1959, when he was granted a release to congregations in Nebraska.
In July 1960 the Rev. Raymond Prough was installed and served until December 1964,
when he accepted a call to Mississippi. In August 1966 the Rev. Rupert A. St. Pierre
became Redeemer's fourth pastor. During periods between pastors the congregations
was served by vacancy Pastors, the Rev. Henry Meyer being the most often with the congregation.
By God's grace, the congregation grew and in October 1967 a new Parish Hall was dedicated.
Plans were begun almost immediately for the construction of a new House of Worship
to meet the needs of the growing congregation. The new structure was dedicated on July 9,1972.
The Rev. Herman E. Baumann was installed as Pastor on January 7,1979,
after Rev. St. Pierre accepted a call in Michigan. Rev. Bauman served until his retirement.
The Rev. John Duke became Redeemer's sixth pastor upon his installation on August 5, 1984.
Pastor Duke accepted a call to Illinois in December 1988.
On April 30, 1989 The Rev. John P. Jackson became Redeemer's seventh pastor.
Rev. Jackson served until his retirement in May of 2003.
The Rev. William Parsons III was installed on June 30, 2004 and is currently the Senior Pastor.
The Rev. Ross Johnson was installed as Associate Pastor on January 4th 2006
and left on September 2013 when he accepted a call to St Louis in Disaster Relief.
On June 2014 we ordained and installed The Rev. Andrew Lehman as Assistant Pastor.